Small Basic Forum
Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - Printable Version

+- Small Basic Forum (https://litdev.uk/mybb)
+-- Forum: Small Basic (https://litdev.uk/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://litdev.uk/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. (/showthread.php?tid=64)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - AbsoluteBeginner - 07-03-2024

(translated by Google translator)

I personally love observing the behavior of bodies in the virtual physical world and the behavior of Artificial Intelligence.
I will support the development of projects in these two directions.  Cool

I wish pleasure and success to all Small BASIC fans while working on any type of program.  Wink

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - z-s - 07-03-2024

I will also help in this project so our Small basic defeat all other basic.
Great idea's by LitDev.

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - AbsoluteBeginner - 07-03-2024

I also think that many people are embarrassed to participate in collaborative projects because these people are new or inexperienced amateurs in programming.  Blush

For example, I would be scared to offer my help in this situation.
Therefore, I suggest making it VERY CLEAR to show people how easily they can participate in code development by being able to see a list of FUNCTIONS or SUBROUTINES that are required for the project.
People will be able to choose a task (creating a function or subroutine) that matches their experience and abilities.
Simple tasks like this are easy to do.
Such codes are easy to control and fix.

I'm right?  Wink

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - litdev - 07-03-2024

We all learn by having a go and sharing experience.

For options 2 and 3 there are already example codes to get started:

1] Edges - Assemble square from triangles, RFHG993.000.

And another code segment to show grabbing and moving a shape, SWVD606.000 (Uses LD extension)

2] 120 Seconds - Concentration game, MXJJ240.000.

And another code segment to show plotting a histogram, ZCBW986.000 (Uses LD extension)

For anyone interested, Please look at the code samples, ask questions and think what the next steps to making the game would be.

A big part is breaking the idea down into small parts, so a list of features and then small proptotype code for each.

I am sure no questions are bad and you can help each other - that's the point of this, the end game or itch.io Jam isn't really that important!

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - eddylo - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 08:37 AM)litdev Wrote: So if I prototype for 1], them maybe we can have a couple volunteers to make a start on 2 and 3?

It can be a group effort with no pressure, but we won't get anywhere if we don't at least start, maybe others will chip in.

Hello....
AbsoluteBeginner and z-s are very enthusiastic and passionate. However, it seems that they don't have confidence in starting game projects. Maybe they can only provide help. My programming knowledge is very limited. On the other hand, the current forum community is not too big. Only we(4 people) are discussing in this thread. Perhaps no entry will be submitted by any forum member at last. This is my guess.

Maybe we still need to be optimistic: in the future, some forum members will submit entries in Jam #7, Jam #8, Jam #9, etc. Yes! Sad

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - AbsoluteBeginner - 07-04-2024

Hi all.
I don't plan to send no projects anywhere at all.
I am present on this forum because I enjoy the process of writing code in Small BASIC and I want to help people who are learning Small BASIC.
As you can see, I am working alone on the "AI Snake" project.
I will be happy to work together with anyone who wants to take part in the development.
But the main value of my project is that I publish code that can help novice programmers and I ask questions on the forum that can also be useful and interesting to other people.

We are here on this forum MAKING THE WORLD SMARTER !
The stupidity of people has already killed more than one million people in the war on Ukrainian territory.
If we do not fight against stupidity, then it will inevitably come to your house and kill you all.  Cry

If anyone knows of a more important goal than saving life on Earth, then tell me. Because I do not know.

Thank you all, guys, for existing.  Heart

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - eddylo - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 05:51 AM)AbsoluteBeginner Wrote: As you can see, I am working alone on the "AI Snake" project.

Hello....many forum posts written by you are so advanced. I think that you should have full confidence in developing a game for a game jam.

From my point of view, you, litdev and z-s can really form a team to make a game for the game jam. It is a perfect team!

Team leader and chief programmer: AbsoluteBeginner
Senior technical advisor: litdev
Game artist and secondary programmer: z-s
Beta tester: me

I can imagine that the entry finally made by this perfect team will be quite excellent. Yeah! I am really looking forward to the finished entry from this team. If you are also interested in this concept, let's go! Smile Please don't hesitate. Cool

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - AbsoluteBeginner - 07-04-2024

Thank you for your trust, eddylo.
But you forgot the most important member of the development team - the scriptwriter.
It should be at least ChatGPT. But ChatGPT, for some reason, our forum is not visited.  Huh

This is problem. Without it, we simply don't know what to code.  Angel

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - eddylo - 07-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 06:54 PM)AbsoluteBeginner Wrote: (translated by Google translator)
Thank you for your trust, eddylo.
But you forgot the most important member of the development team - the scriptwriter.
It should be at least ChatGPT. But ChatGPT, for some reason, our forum is not visited.  Huh
This is problem. Without it, we simply don't know what to code.  Angel

Your response is too funny. Why not try the following website?

https://www.synthesia.io/features/ai-script-generator#

You can try at once. For example,

What is the topic of your script?
kill monsters and aliens in europe

What is the objective of your script?
a shooting game

You can also try this:
https://ahrefs.com/writing-tools/script-generator

RE: Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested. - litdev - 07-04-2024

I decided to share my effort even if others don't, VJRW965.000.

https://litdev-uk.itch.io/frog-hopper