Small Basic Forum
Small Basic AI Championship - Printable Version

+- Small Basic Forum (https://litdev.uk/mybb)
+-- Forum: Small Basic (https://litdev.uk/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://litdev.uk/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Small Basic AI Championship (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Small Basic AI Championship - AbsoluteBeginner - 09-13-2023

(translated by DeepL translator)

Hi everyone who loves Small Basic and programming.
Please tell me if you would be interested in watching competitions of Small Artificial Intelligences that are created by Small Basics enthusiasts using Small Basics ?

Thank you.  Smile

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - litdev - 09-13-2023

Hi,

Not quite sure what this entails but sounds like fun, can you say a bit more about what sort of thing you are thinking of?

I plan to let this forum grow organically a bit which may take a bit of time.  My idea is to gradually make sure it functions smoothly, then maybe advertise a bit on Small Basic blogs etc and enrol some folk as admin/moderators.  As a minimum I will keep people updated on LitDev extension stuff I do, bringing it up to date, fixing stuff (especially if it is pointed out to me) and answer any questions I can.  A bit of forum content will maybe encourage casual users to register and start contributing.

Once we get some Small Basic beginner members with questions and a bit of community going, then stuff like your suggestion sounds excellent.

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - AbsoluteBeginner - 09-14-2023

I wish good health to all.  Smile

For example, I'd be interested to see a championship of small artificial intelligences in a game of tic-tac-toe.
It is very important that the program code does not include all the correct moves.
The program only needs to know the rules of the game and be able to learn.

I'd be interested to see how the program that wins the championship will develop.
People who are confident using Small Basic can come up with more complex games in which their AI will be a strong contender.

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - litdev - 09-14-2023

Hi,

Interesting, seems to me like a very tough challenge - do you have any code you have been working on for this?

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - AbsoluteBeginner - 09-15-2023

Hey, everybody.  Smile

I don't have that code.
Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to do something that no one needs it.
I'm not a programmer. I'm a mechanic.
I like good tools. Small Basic along with your LitDev extension is a very good tool.

If there was a Small AI championship, then I would work on the my code with great pleasure.

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - AbsoluteBeginner - 04-01-2024

(translated by Google translator)

Hello to all fans of the fantastic IDE SB-Prime!  Smile
I am sure that such a wonderful tool for creativity, which is SB-Prime, must have the same wonderful Challenge!
I am sure that now that people can write program code in their native language, there are more people who will be able to participate in Small Basic AI Championship.
I am sure that using SB-Prime, many people can now try to create a rabbit and snake artificial intelligence for the popular game "Snake".
I'm not talking about creating a neural network using Small BASIC.
A neural network is not Artificial Intelligence.
If anyone is interested, we can organize a championship of Rabbit and Snake Intelligences, which will be created by various authors.
(or should this offer be posted on Facebook?)

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - z-s - 04-01-2024

Yes a good challenge we should start it

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - AbsoluteBeginner - 04-01-2024

(translated by Google translator)

If you don't kick me out of here onto Facebook, then I want to share my plan for the AI Championship.  Rolleyes
I think there could be three programs running at the same time.
For example, the first program will be named "Nature". The second program will be named "Rabbit Mind". And the third program will be named “Snake Mind”.
The "Nature" program will be the same for everyone.
This program will have a model of the current situation in the world of a rabbit and a snake.
But the programs “Rabbit Mind” and “Snake Mind” will be created by the participants of the Championship. These programs will interact with the "Nature" program and transmit instructions to it for the rabbit and snake.
Programs will be able to communicate with each other using text files that they will create and read in the program folder.
Since I am an AbsoluteBeginner, I probably didn’t come up with the best way.
But as long as there are friends around, they will always give me advice!

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - litdev - 04-01-2024

I'm interested and sounds cool.  As usual I don't understand fully what you all have in mind at first so will follow a while until it develops a bit Smile .

RE: Small Basic AI Championship - z-s - 04-02-2024

HERE SOME SAMPLE FROM ME
LINK:https://pixeldrain.com/u/zTNwzi94

USE IO TCPSERVER BECAUSE LDSERVER SHOW ERROR