We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sb-Prime Variables at bottom not being set
LitDev,

I noticed that while checking out stepping in a program that all of the variable values don't get set at the bottom of the screen in the debug window. If I step through the below program in prime var3 and var5 don't get set. If I hover over them they do show the values. Also, if I have the variable and call stack displayed it works correctly.

JR

Var1="This"
var2="that"
var3="and"
var4="so"
var5="on"
while "True"
  Program.Delay(30)
  EndWhile
Hi JR,
I cannot reproduce the issue, by adding the variables and stepping through the program.

LitDev,

I don't understand that. Here's a more complex program that shows more of the issue. At least it does for me.

var1="This"
var2="that"
var3="and"
var4="so"
var5="on"
First()

while "True"
Program.Delay(20)
endwhile

Sub First
Var6="Who"
var7="is"
var8="on"
var9="First"
var10="Who"
Second()
EndSub

Sub Second
var11="what"
var12="kind"
var13="of"
var14="bird"
var15="is"
EndSub

JR

With this variables 3,6,and 15 don't fill in. The variables and stack table work ok and if I hover over the variables that works. So, it's no big deal if they don't fill in. It does make me wonder why though.

I think the above issue has something to do with clearing previous values. I didn't know, but if you go over top one of the variables in the debug list and then right click it gives you the option to clear everything. I did that and then all of the values filled like they should. So, it's best not to clear the values individually.
When you add a variable, I think you may need to click away from it, maybe use the refresh button.