We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to run a SB program on an internet navigator ?
I don't think it is possible but... can I use a SB BASIC program, such as my Concentration test, on a navigator such as Chrome ? 

I have seen on the "Publish" button that we can install Microsoft Silverlight. 
It is to be able to execute à SB program on a navigator ?

Even more, would it be possible on Chrome or Safari on a smartphone ?

Thanks
Hi,

There are various incarnations of Small Basic.  The desktop version is the original and the ONLY one that works with extensions as far as I know.

There is a Windows appstore version, web based version and the Silverlight version, and I think a linux version (souce code only).  If you want to try these and can't find links then ask, but I think most of them have been mentioned on this forum at some point.

As far as I know everything apart from desktop version is pretty limited, most others are part completed/abandoned projects started after MS stopped supporting desktop version.

Although Silverlight is depreciated, this is maybe the best of them if you can get it going (I could't with a quick check) - but it was the only one I ever saw working reasonably!

Frankly, if the Silverlight option doesn't look like it will work for you and you want a small web app like your concentration test I would probably try a simple php web program - it would need a bit of a learning curve (but thats's all fun!) and importantly a web host server (free or paid) to upload your website.

Otherwise you can zip a compiled (exe) of you program with any required dlls (SmallBasicLibarary.dll + any extensions.dlls used) with download instructons to unblock, unzip, run...
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s