We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge of the Week: Space Explorer
Greetings, Small Basic community!

Are you ready to embark on an interstellar adventure? This week's challenge invites you to unleash your creativity and coding skills to become a Space Explorer!

Challenge Brief:
Imagine yourself as a pioneer of the cosmos, navigating through the vastness of space. Your task is to create a program in Small Basic that simulates an intergalactic journey. Here are some ideas to get you started:

Spacecraft Simulator: Design and program a virtual spacecraft that can navigate through space using arrow keys or mouse controls.
Stellar Map: Develop a graphical representation of the cosmos, complete with stars, planets, and other celestial objects. Bonus points for implementing zoom and pan functionalities.
Mission Control Center: Construct a dashboard that displays essential information such as fuel levels, distance traveled, and current location within the galaxy.
Alien Encounter: Incorporate random events or encounters with extraterrestrial beings during your voyage. Will they be friendly or hostile?
Space Quest: Craft an interactive storyline where the player must complete various tasks or challenges to reach their destination, whether it's exploring a distant nebula or uncovering the secrets of a mysterious planet.

Feel free to mix and match these ideas or come up with your own unique twist! Remember, the sky's not the limit—your imagination is!

Submission Guidelines:

Post your code along with a brief description of your project in this thread.
Feel free to share screenshots or videos to showcase your creation.
Don't forget to provide feedback and encouragement to your fellow Space Explorers!
Let's set our course for the stars and boldly code where no one has coded before!

Feel free to customize the challenge as needed based on the interests and skill levels.
Basic Code : JBJK996.000
MADE AND WRITTEN BY AI. Smile
ZS
[-] The following 2 users Like z-s's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, litdev
(translated by Google translator)

Hi all.  Smile
You are proposing to create a fairly large software structure.
People who are amateurs in programming will take a lot of time to create this.
For example, I'm moving forward like a turtle, creating my own version of "AI Snake".
I think the creation of your project will require teamwork of a team consisting of several enthusiasts.
I wonder how all this will happen.

I wish everyone good luck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev
Hi,

Something to play with and maybe add more gameplay, CZVC990.000.  As usual, save somewhere and uncomment File commands.

EDIT

This is not so much about the game, but a bit of a guide to how some 3D stuff and other things can be done.  Maybe I write some alien battle with shooting - if you get into alien system, you loose warp until you can shoot them all and have time to repair your ship on one of the planets.

I'm generally more interesting in how to do stuff, rather than the end product...
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s
(translated by Google translator)

Yes. Very interesting.
Small Basic turned out to be even better than I thought before.
The ability to use extensions allows the user to solve many problems.
It's great !  Rolleyes