We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnect the Client from the Server
(translated by Google translator)

Hi all.
That's what I was thinking this morning.

The game "AI Snake" is a system that consists of three parts: Server "Nature" and two Clients "AI Rabbit" and "AI Snake".
I think that for the convenience of distributing the game, it is the best thing to have one file that contains the Server code and the fully commented “Template” code.
The "Template" code must implement high-quality communication between the Server and the Client and have a place where any developer can insert the code of their version of the Snake or Rabbit AI.
To do this, a new developer just needs to copy the “Template” code from the “Nature” code, then paste it into a new file of the future Client and uncomment the lines.
Of course, finished versions of client AI will be distributed as separate Small Basic files. But it is probably better to distribute the Client TEMPLATE in the Server code file, because the Template code takes up little space.

If I'm right, then please advise me what rules should a good "Template" code follow?.. After all, I am an absolute beginner.  Smile

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disconnect the Client from the Server - by AbsoluteBeginner - 06-02-2024, 07:55 AM