We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested.
i will be happy if more people join this forum.
ZS
(05-17-2024, 07:12 AM)z-s Wrote: i will be happy if more people join this forum.

Hello,
I agree with you.

Actually, forum is more convenient than facebook group. Do you agree?

If many interesting discussion threads are in this forum, this forum will be more attractive. A lot of new visitors will therefore want to join the forum. Right? I believe that a discussion thread about a game project among a group of enthusiastic forum members should be a very interesting discussion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eddylo's post:
  • z-s
A few days till this starts!

Thinking caps on Big Grin

We should be able to do a couple efforts...
(06-25-2024, 08:45 PM)litdev Wrote: A few days till this starts!

Thinking caps on Big Grin

We should be able to do a couple efforts...

Good luck to eveybody who has time to develop entry.

I discovered that people of another BASIC language started the preparation work.

https://supadupagames.proboards.com/thre...ame-jam-vi
https://supadupagames.proboards.com/thre...crollTo=25
https://gb32.proboards.com/thread/881/ga...ollTo=5045
The game categories are:

1] Unstable
2] Edges
3] 120 Seconds

I'm happy to help with this, but would like it to be a joint community effort so does anyone have any ideas  Big Grin .  I will come up with an idea as well, but if there is no community involvement beyond me, then we will probably have to pass this up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
I can't give any idea as i still don't understand meaning of this category.
In itch also meaning is not explained.
ZS
(07-01-2024, 04:21 PM)z-s Wrote: I can't give any idea as i still don't understand meaning of this category.
In itch also meaning is not explained.

In this case, we have no other way but one: we must turn to ChatGPT for help so that the Chat generate scenarios for exciting games for us.  Big Grin
(07-01-2024, 03:31 PM)litdev Wrote: The game categories are:

1] Unstable
2] Edges
3] 120 Seconds

I'm happy to help with this, but would like it to be a joint community effort so does anyone have any ideas  Big Grin .  I will come up with an idea as well, but if there is no community involvement beyond me, then we will probably have to pass this up.

Yeah!

Actually, it will be a very meaningful project within the Small Basic user community if every member can provide ideas and help. Sure.

Ha....some opinions or ideas:

1] Unstable

A fun platform game which the player's character is not able to walk stably.

2] Edges

A challenging puzzle game which is based on edges of many triangles, rectangles and polygons.

3] 120 Seconds

An action game or a puzzle game with a lot of  levels. Player needs to accomplish a task or some tasks within 120 seconds for finishing every level.

Any good ideas from other forum members? Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes eddylo's post:
  • z-s
(translated by Google translator)

Hi all.
I think that my idea that I want to propose for the LitDev game "LDPhysics platform game" may be suitable for the category "1] Unstable". Rolleyes
In this scenario, background hard cosmic radiation (or X-rays) led to the emergence of a life molecule in the material of one of the geometric shapes.
Let's assume that this figure turns out to be a square.
All life in the Universe has one single and truly important goal: the creation of their own kind.
The mutation of the square gave it the ability to ATTACH the corners of other squares to its corners.
The connection of two squares is movable. And the main square can rotate the other square around the connection point by some angle.
The creature uses its attached square to "grope" for and attach new squares.
When the main square attaches 4 more squares to all its corners, it becomes a full-fledged creature with four “limbs”.
This creature now has the ability to learn to walk in order to seek additional squares for its growth.

And most importantly, if the additional squares form a system that consists of a central square that has 4 limbs on its corners, then this system becomes a new living being and is separated from its parent.

And that is not all.  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev, z-s
Great,

Unstable] I have an idea that a frog has to cross a river on unstable platforms.  I fancy having a go at using LDPhysics for this.

Edges] I like AB suggestion, here is one I also have:

We have a square with 4 corners with another point randomly poisitioned within it.  
The program can then create 4 triangles (connecting the internal and 2 corner points for each).
The program can then randomly position and rotate them.
The user has to grab and drag them one at a time (grab with mouse + drag with left button) and rotate with Left/Right keys.
The user has to reassembe the original square from the triangles.
The game could become harder with triangles from more than one square.

Moving and rotating triangles is very tricky in Small Basic until you realise that it is much easier to create the triangles with top left at (0,0).

Here is a bit of code to get some-one started RFHG993.000

120 Seconds] How about we take Elzaimer's concentration program idea.  The user has to do the concentration test for 2 minutes, getting as many right as fast as possible.  At the end they get a score and maybe some graphs, histograms with nice plots and statistics.  Check out LDGraph, LDChart and LDStatistics.

So if I prototype for 1], them maybe we can have a couple volunteers to make a start on 2 and 3?

It can be a group effort with no pressure, but we won't get anywhere if we don't at least start, maybe others will chip in.
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s