We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZS Extension.
Information 
From So Much Time I Didn't Updated The Extension Because I Am Wating For A Major Release.
But One Thing Is Disappointing Me That Is From 13 Days There Are Only 18 Unique visitors And 7 Unique cloners.
And My Repo Is Still Not Displayed In Google Search Cry

Git clones:

Visitors:

Referring sites & Popular content :

Adding 3-4 New Classes In Extension.
ZS
(translated by Google translator)

Hi all.  Shy

Dear Z-S,
Please note that we do not sell hot cakes here.
Around us, people have already created almost all the tools and written almost all the programs.
Our Small BASIC can help beginners learn to think and program.
In addition, our Small Basic can give people pleasure, like an Arduino kit, for example, or a model aircraft club.

Try to answer the question for yourself: which of these two Small Basic abilities is your extension created for?
Is this extension for beginners or for fun?

If your extension is for beginners, is it convenient enough for learning?
If your extension is to bring pleasure to fans of Small BASIC programming, then HOW can the extension do this?

Perhaps some idea can bring your extension more popularity.
But this extension will always be known only among Small Basic users, the number of whom on our planet is not yet large.

Therefore, the most reasonable choice in such a situation would be when YOU JUST HAVE PLEASURE FROM PROGRAMMING (like ShaoLin manahs enjoy creating paintings from colored sand).  Rolleyes
Or you can use your powers to make Humanity at least a little SMARTER.

I wish you good luck and joy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • z-s
New Release : https://github.com/zs-3/ZS/releases
ZS
Updated EM
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
Good Day for me bing indexed my extension in search.

Smile
ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
Hii Litdev.
i have a question can i take some segment of code from other small basic extensions to use them in my extension.
ZS
ZS,

Generally yes, check with licensing if there is any - usually free software lets you use it however you like, sometimes with limitations on commercial use or that anything you do with it must also be opensource or include the original licensing message in your code or add a message crediting the original.

Probably not a lot of point adding an exact copy of an existing method, but segments of code to be included for a different purpose sounds good.

Usually I add a comment in the intellisense or documentation about where the original code came if its anything significant - passing a complete class or method off as your own when its just a verbatim copy is generally considered bad form.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
New Release : https://github.com/zs-3/ZS/releases/tag/1.2.0.8

added powershell support test this take some time.
Code:
res = ZSPowerShell.Run("Get-process")
TextWindow.WriteLine(res)
ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • litdev
Through the current version of extension you can compile any small basic file using the following code :
Code:
compiler = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic\SmallBasicCompiler.exe"
sb = "put full path of sb File here"
ZSProcessInfo.FileName = compiler
ZSProcessInfo.WorkingDirectory = ZSPath.GetDirectoryName(sb)
ZSProcessInfo.Arguments = ZSPath.GetFileName(sb)
ZSProcessInfo.CreateNoWindow = "True"
ZSProcessInfo.UseShellExecute = "False"
ZSProcessInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = "True"
ZSProcessInfo.Start()
In the next update of extension It will provide the output of process also so we can get the output of the sb file if it has error or not.
and also If possible I will add function for running a powershell script and retuning its output.
Any suggestions ???
ZS
New Release : https://github.com/zs-3/ZS/releases/tag/1.2.0.9
As promised I added the function of returning output to zsprocessinfo.
while I was doing wayback machine of smallbasic.com I download very old version and opened its small basic library and found two new classes:
Argument & Platform.
I transformed argument class to zsargument and it is fine through it you can get the command line arguments sent to exe.
but zsplatform had many error I tried to solve them but I am still not able to know it still I added it to extension it is used for invoking .net assembly methods.
if someone could figure out about it will be great help.

Code:
count = ZSArguments.Count
TextWindow.WriteLine("Arguments count: " + count)

For i = 0 To count - 1
  arg = ZSArguments.GetArgument(i)
  TextWindow.WriteLine("Argument[" + i + "]: " + arg)
EndFor
just start this application with any arguments from command line or any process extension.
ZS