We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Neural Nettwork (ANN) Extension
You could edit your old post JR
ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • jrmrhrb00

LitDev,

I am trying to graduate our program ZWWL934.000 to visual basic. it doesn't like neuralnetwork.new. It says neuralnetwork has no constructors (BC30251). I can't figure out how to fix it. Seems like it doesn't like the structure.

Could you look at this and see if it is something you understand?

i included a file that shows what visual studio shows if it opens.

Thanks,

JR
Hi,

I think this the same as: https://litdev.uk/mybb/showthread.php?ti...996#pid996

New is a reserved keyword and the link shows the fix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • jrmrhrb00
LitDev,

Your right. I forgot all about that one. So, I did get it to graduate and it runs OK.

JR
[-] The following 1 user Likes jrmrhrb00's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
LitDev,

Here's another one. This is your best Ann program and I am trying t get it to graduate and run. It does graduate but it won't run.

Your thoughts.

JR

If this works like the last one visual studio shows the error. None of what visual studio shows makes any sense to me. It would be good to get this one working as it is the most complex program.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Error message looks like it is trying to create an exe with no file name?  I assume this is at compile time (not run time), and the exe was not created.

1] Try following the link BC2032
2] Google the error message
3] Open the project properties (right click on project in Solution Explorer window) and look for a file path for output that isn't set?

If this gets you nowhere you may want to zip up the ENTIRE solution folder and upload it somewhere and I can have a look, but following leads, guessing, googling, checking settings, rumaging about looking at the solution and project properties/file, simplifying etc etc is the name of the game.  Nobody knows all the answers, the main skill is how to trace it down.  The previous [New] issue was completely new to me until I googled the error message to find the solution.

EDIT

BC2032 - reported when passing invalid filename as the value of /doc switch to vbc.exe - sounds to me like the settings have been set to export xml (/doc) but the file name not set in the settings.  If this doesn't make sense then google a bit deeper!
QDZM107.000

this program will graduate successfully. Then you can see how it runs in visual basic. Then to get it running you need to import litdev, and smallbasicann. Just create a new line 1 and type: imports litdev, smallbasicann. You do have to put brackets around the [new] keyword line 38. Also, in the project reference manager you need to browse and find the litdev.dll and the smallbasicann.dll. Once you put these in the manager they will stay there. To get it to show anything in the console you need to change the application to a console application. Maybe there is a better way, but that works. To do that go to project at the top then click properties.

JR

LitDev,

Could you try this out? I just want to be sure that it works for anyone that wants to try it. It does work with original small basic with the lidev.dll and smallbasicANN.dll. When I graduate the program it does automatically load visual studio 2022.

Thanks,

JR
I guess csharp would be easier to work than vb.net in visual studio.
I am great fan of my new favourite tools:
1) Sharp develop unofficial update that works till .net 4.8
2) dnspy the things that ilspy can't decompile dnspy makes them super clear.
Compiling a small basic exe and decompiling to vb.net and csharp is easy through ilspy or dnspy
ZS
  • jrmrhrb00
Z-S,

Could you try out the above? I just want to be sure that my directions work. Also, where did you download sharp develop from?

JR

This program is probably the best example of a program written by LitDev that uses the litdev, and smallbasicann extensions and shows how to use them.
Sharp develop: https://github.com/mgeee35/SharpDevelop-5.2.1
I will try it
ZS
  • jrmrhrb00