We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Neural Nettwork (ANN) Extension
Z-S,

I did get it loaded. Now, I have to figure out how to use it! Thanks,

JR
(10-01-2024, 10:11 PM)jrmrhrb00 Wrote: QDZM107.000

this program will graduate successfully. Then you can see how it runs in visual basic. Then to get it running you need to import litdev, and smallbasicann. Just create a new line 1 and type: imports litdev, smallbasicann. You do have to put brackets around the [new] keyword line 38. Also, in the project reference manager you need to browse and find the litdev.dll and the smallbasicann.dll. Once you put these in the manager they will stay there. To get it to show anything in the console you need to change the application to a console application. Maybe there is a better way, but that works. To do that go to project at the top then click properties.

JR

LitDev,

Could you try this out? I just want to be sure that it works for anyone that wants to try it. It does work with original small basic with the lidev.dll and smallbasicANN.dll. When I graduate the program it does automatically load visual studio 2022.

Thanks,

JR

LitDev,

Had to use quote to bring this page forward so you could see my request after updating the page. Still learning how to use this software.

JR
[-] The following 1 user Likes jrmrhrb00's post:
  • z-s
JR,
Yes those instructions seem right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • jrmrhrb00
LitDev,

Thanks for looking at it!

JR

I think that this is the best neural network example that you have created with small basic. I am still trying to learn everything I can about it. You always surprise me with some way of doing something that I would have never thought of. You do an exceedingly great job with your code writing.

Thanks,

JR
[-] The following 1 user Likes jrmrhrb00's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
LitDev,

In program qdzm107.000 you have the following in the code:

data = "X"
data = data+(R/255)+LDText.LF+(G/255)+LDText.LF+(B/255)+LDText.LF+((1+Cos)/2)+LDText.LF+((1+Sin)/2)+LDText.LF+(S)+LDText.LF+(L)
data = Text.GetSubTextToEnd(data,2)

You start off the data with an x and later remove it. What is the purpose of doing that?

Thanks,

JR
Hi JR,

I think the parser needs a string as the first variable in order to append the following expressions as a string.
Otherwise it would add the expressions as floating point numbers.

Best regards
Scout
[-] The following 2 users Like Scout's post:
  • jrmrhrb00, litdev
LitDev,

textwindow.Left = (10+GW.Width)*LDGraphicsWindow.MouseXScale

I have read the verbage in the intellisense probably a 100 times and it just doesn't make any sense to me for mousex. Could you explain what is being done in layman's terms? I know it has something to do with the desktop and why mousex? I'm still trying to grasp everything that you put in the QDZM107.000 program.

Thanks,

JR
JR,

This is due to the different scaling used with a GraphicsWindow and the screen.  Its kind of hard to explanin in a sentence, but try playing with the commands:

Desktop.Width
GraphicsWindow.Width
GraphicsWindow.Left
TextWindow.Left
GraphicsWindow.MouseX
Mouse.MouseX

See which are scaled with GraphicsWindow scaling and which are scaled with screen scaling and find that LDGraphicsWindow.MouseXScale  is the scaling conversion between them.

Condider the following:

Code:
GraphicsWindow.Left = 0
TextWindow.Left = GraphicsWindow.Width
Program.Delay(1000)
TextWindow.Left = GraphicsWindow.Width*LDGraphicsWindow.MouseXScale
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • jrmrhrb00
LitDev,

I think I understand it, but the wording in the intellisense is confusing:

Mouse.X = MouseXOffset + MouseXScale * GraphicsWindow.MouseX

the rest of the wording is OK:

Scaling of GraphicsWindow to Desktop coordinates.

JR