We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Someone wrote in the Facebook group. Creative users may be interested.
(07-04-2024, 09:27 PM)litdev Wrote: I decided to share my effort even if others don't, VJRW965.000.

Wow! I can never do that!  Blush
That's why I'm hesitant to offer my help to the development team.
I work very slowly and know very little.
I was right when I talked about it.
And I’m happy for those people who know how to program like LitDev.  Shy
AB,
I'm sorry you think that.
Programming is a skill that takes practice and like anything sharing speeds the learning and enjoyment.  I know people who are way better than me at programming, but I learn by sharing and talking to them.
I enjoy running every day and am never going to win any race, but love talking to those that do.
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • eddylo, z-s
(07-04-2024, 09:49 PM)AbsoluteBeginner Wrote:
(07-04-2024, 09:27 PM)litdev Wrote: I decided to share my effort even if others don't, VJRW965.000.

I work very slowly and know very little.

You suddenly said this. Don't be so humble. Co-operaton may make an entry perfect. Do you agree? Blush

Good. All other members hesitate to join.
I will certainly join and help this team.
ZS
(07-04-2024, 10:05 PM)litdev Wrote: AB,
Programming is a skill that takes practice and like anything sharing speeds the learning and enjoyment.  I know people who are way better than me at programming, but I learn by sharing and talking to them.
I enjoy running every day and am never going to win any race, but love talking to those that do.

(translated by Google translator)

Good morning to everyone.  Shy

Dear LitDev,
it’s also easy, pleasant and interesting for me to communicate with people when each of us just “runs” and enjoys it.
But, if the team is “pushing a big load up the mountain” and wants to do it as quickly as possible, then the old weak person will only hinder them.
Therefore, I will be happy to join you for an easy “morning run”. But, in a serious competition, the most suitable job for me is to serve the team cool drinks or hold an instrument.  Big Grin
(life experience)
It got only 1 year since I came into the world of coding.
First i used to be very enthusiastic with SB but my enthusiasm got started breaking when I understand that SB is only the first step in coding world for more complex tasks you need more complex language.
And i didn't get that much time for making a game in hour's.
Lastly I think AbsoluteBeginner and I are on same rank and i could help AB in distributing Cold DrinkSmile
ZS
That is, our forum is more likely to become a favorite children's playground for development and entertainment than a sports stadium for ambitious teams that are striving for victory.  Shy

I don’t know about you, but I’ll be happy to come here to enjoy creativity.  Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • z-s
Here is another game, MXLX753.000 - 3D maze game where you can edit your own levels.

At the time of writing this needs latest version of LitDev extension (Beta 1.2.29.0) available from litdev.uk website.
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s
People, help me please.
I can't start this game because SB-Prime claims that the "(row=82,col=12) Method "TextAlignment" not found in class "LDShapes" was not found.".  Cry
I reinstalled the beta version of the LD extension directly from the website, but was not successful.

Thank you.
(07-05-2024, 05:44 AM)AbsoluteBeginner Wrote:
(07-04-2024, 10:05 PM)litdev Wrote: AB,

But, in a serious competition, the most suitable job for me is to serve the team cool drinks or hold an instrument.  Big Grin
(life experience)
I don't think that  it is a serious competition. It is a small ranked game jam and only 23 persons joined this jam.

My unbiased opinion: participation is much much more important than winning or losing. Right?