We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Neural Nettwork (ANN) Extension
LitDev,

Graduate works now. I see 2 errors. 1 module is named module. I just changed it's name to Main. Of course, got the error with "new". What can be done for that?

JR
Fix the New issue with:

NeuralNetwork.[New](name, inputNode + "," + hiddenNode + "," + outputNode)

Also to get TextWindow output change the Application type to Console, and add 'Console.Read()' at the end to prevent program ending when done.

LitDev,

Graduate works. Don't delete it! You do have to import smallbasicANN and LitDev. At the bottom of the program I put in a textwindow.read().
I did have to put bracketsaround the word "new" to get rid of the error.

To run the program import GFVP148.000.

This is basically your original program changed over to a bunch of subroutines. It does graduate and Visual Studio handles it well. So, it does create a Visual Basic program.

Now I'll play around with dnspy. I know nothing about using it.

JR
[-] The following 1 user Likes jrmrhrb00's post:
  • litdev
Z-S,

If you look in section 6 you will see a response to LitDev from me that shows that graduate is working. It mentions a file that you can import into small basic or prime that you can run in small basic and then graduate it to visual basic. It converts your small basic program into a visual basic program. If you are not successful then let me know and I'll help.

JR
Thanks JR For Help
I Had A Question Can We Graduate To CSharp
ZS
ZS
For C#, use the decompile option in SB-Prime or just  use ILSpy or dotPeek on the exe.  You can do the same for conversion to VB as well I think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
Lit Dev,

Can you explain this statement that you made:

"I have also updated the git repro to include a simple test program to go with dll, which you can compile and debug through the original ANN source.  Using reflection to decompile you won't get as pleasant an experience - hence why I refactored it."

1. What is the git repro? How do I get to it? Where is the original ANN source? What is reflection?

You mentioned that on git you created a little program that you have to run because you need it to run the C dll. I can't find that. As you can tell I know nothing about git!

JR
Hii JR
In Some Older Post litdev Give The Link Of GitHub Or Git Repo : https://github.com/litdev1/SmallBasicANN
I Think The Answer To Your Question Is litdev Put The Original Source Code Of Small Basic ANN Extension As When We Try To Decompile Some Time The ILSpy Or Any Other Decompiler Doesn't Decompile The Whole Code Because Of Some Missing dll Or Anything So If You Download The Original Source Code From Git It Will Be Good And And The Little Program Is I think A Console Application Litdev May Added To Code For Execution And Debugging.
Smile

Sorry I Visited Github Repo It Was Not Console It Was Form Application For Testing ANN In CSharp.
ZS
JR,

git (short for gitHub) - this is a free software code repository and version control system (so I can see all my changes and go back if I get something wrong) - I keep various projects there including LitDev extension, SB-Prime and now also the code for SmallBasicANN.  My git location is at https://github.com/litdev1.  These can be 'cloned' (downloaded from the Green Code button) and openned directly in Visual Studio or as a zip etc.

git repro - a specific solution, for example the SmallBasic ANN https://github.com/litdev1/SmallBasicANN.

reflection - this is method that can be used to decompile .Net code into original source.  It is not perfect and sometimes the decompiled code is a bit 'odd'.  Hence my suggestion to go directly to the original source on gitHub.  Reflection can also be used to get information about methods in a dll at run-time and then actually run them.  So I get info about Graduate in the original SB.exe directly from SB-Prime while it is running and then run the code in SB.exe by reflection.

Try googling these as well, but I do recommend Visual Studio 2022 Community and get a git account for any of your C# projects, and also look through git for all sorts of fun free software to download and play with.  One advantage of git is that you get all the project setting etc along with the code.  Free opensource software is all there waiting to be used - it is a fantastic resource, .Net itself is now opensource.  Big companies (MS, etc) use opensource because the community helps develop and fix it, because it is open, very little chance of malicious code...

Z-S Is there a reason you are typing every word with a capitol letter?
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
LitDev,

I do have Visual Studio 2022. I have a log into Git. I did find your extension for smallbasicann. You mentioned that you made a small program to test since smallbasicann is a.dll. Where is that and how do I test it?

Is reflection part of c-sharp? Is it a separate program? I see it for .net and for c. I don't know anything about it.

Thanks for your help,

JR