We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB-Prime Bugs And Error
Hii Everyone
LitDev I Found A New Bug In SB-Prime Smile
in shape editor when we set Property of Text In EX: Textbox. It Show nothing and the text also not change.
but when we click on canvas of editor it show the following error Blue Pen = Property We Set , Red Pen = Error :     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found A New Way To Earn Reputation Find Error And Post Them SB-Prime Will be also bugs free one day.

And Maybe We Use This Thread For Feature Bugs And Error Related To SB-Prime For Saving Additional Threads.
ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • litdev
I like bugs - lets have more!

This is tricky and due to the property edit box still active when the camnvas is clicked.  Click on another property first to finish editing before clicking the canvas area.

EDIT

Think I found a way to fix it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
HaHa Smile Litdev I Found A New Bug In SB-Prime.
Let Me Explain The Bug In Detail.
The Standard SB IDE Use A Bridge i Think To Load Extension By Which When I Made a Extension Without A Xml (Using SB Extension Compiler) It Use To Show Method And Property Images But No Text. But SB-Prime Shows It Not Because SB-Prime Use Xml For Intellisense. As A result In IO Extension There Was A Whole Object Named IOWindows7 which have many method with  Intellisense that can be seen in SB-Prime But Not In Standard SB Ide as a result you will get error in any method from the whole object.
ZS
  • litdev
ZS,

Yep this looks like an issue.  SB-Prime does use xml for intellisense, but also the dll marks some methods as "HideFromIntellisense".  This seemss to not be working correctly in SB-Prime.

The issue is that SB-Prime intellisense checks this for methods/properties/events but not at the object/type level.

Upload of SB-Prime hopefully fixes this!
  • z-s
Thanks Litdev the Bug Is Removed Smile
ZS
Another Bug Smile
when we make a object as a variable like Math is an object but if I write Math = 5 in Intelnise it show all property of Object math

Code:
Math = 5
GraphicsWindow = 9
TextWindow.WriteLine(Math)

ZS
  • litdev
Yeah,  it finds the name and thinks it is an object not a variable.  Don't use keyworks as variable names - this is a quirk of compiler this is even allowed.

This would also probably confuse the debugger in reverse, showing the value of variable when hover over object of same name.

The mouse hover over some text doesn't do much to understand context, only the name and brings up intellisense accordingly (it can tell that a method is associated with an object by dot before to find the right intellisense). 

I made a change (uploaded) to detect the dot after an object to determine if a string is a variable or object.

Thanks.
  • z-s
I Am Getting A Bug In Aliase.
When I Use Aliase For FCXml As Xml And many other aliase name the Intellisense is not shown.

Then I Cleared Aliase And Restarted SB-Prime No Intelnise For FCXml Object Also.
ZS
Hi, more details please, I can't reproduce.  Are you ticking the 'Enable Aliases' checkbox?
  •    
Uploaded a new version where I have hopefully fixed a long term bug which I have been working on which has been quite tricky/fun.  It is the reporting of compile errors when there are extensions.  The difficulties were to do with injecting info about extensions to run the compiler exe as a dll method. Just running the compiler as an exe doesn't give any details about errors, just how many there were.
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s