We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Preprocessing Extension
OK, so I got it to run, generating an output file with some binary output in it - presumably a binary representation of some kind of the wav file.

Before there is a realistic chance of ANN doing anything we need to understand what the data is - ANN is not magic - its just a non-linear fitting algorithm - it just learns to recognise patterns, so we need to give it training data with the kind of patterns we want it to distinguish.

I did have to copy the dlls to exe folder, but this may be partly because there is no xml and this means IDE doesn't recognise dll in the same way.

If you are using SharpDevelop, then I did give instructions in the UTube for creating xml intellisense, very similar for Visual Studio - which if you using please say so I can direct comments accordingly?

If you are using VS, then there is a switch in settings to turn it on as well as adding the text descriptions before each object/method in the code with ///.  The switch is Solution Explorer->Right click project+Properties->Build Tab->Scroll down to Output->tick XML document file:
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • hybridClasher.init()
Hi, thanks for the instructions.

I'm using VS, because theres an issue in SharpDevelop of NuGet extensions (an error about a connection) and because im just used to Visual Studio at this point, and i dont really have any problems with it so i dont really see why i should switch.
Anyways, here's the updated link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OtT5QMt...sp=sharing
[-] The following 1 user Likes hybridClasher.init()'s post:
  • litdev
Yes NuGet is one issue with SharpDevelop, there are ways round it.  The absense of .Net Core (it only has .Net Framework) is a bigger issue going forward.  However SharpDevelop is great if the bloat of VS is too much for your hardware.

The intellisense works inyour extension, but the NAudio dlls do still need to be copied manually - there are ways to handle this but they involve merging them into your dll, or holding them as resources and copying them into exe folder at runtime.  I wouldn't worry about this at this stage, just maybe leave a ReadMe instructions in your download - to be honest it will probably only be a couple people look at it in development.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • hybridClasher.init()
Hi,

I'll see if i can update the extension at a bigger level or not. To be honest, this would've been much easier in Python though. The only reason i wanted to make this extension is because i'm a big fan of small basic syntax (including some other .net languages too like vb). I included some code of my extension in my ai voice model trianer app, it worked and compiled the model file but when trying to use it to make music/song ai covers it didn't work because:
1- it needed to be a .pth file (pth meaning pytorch, along with a .index/.json file)
2- it needed to be in structured numerical data.

I'll just make the whole app in python because that seems to be the only solution for my app now. Who knows? Maybe someone else can make a better and more advanced neural network extension in small basic. That is only, if the community cared about it somewhat.

Thanks for your help during this whole process.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hybridClasher.init()'s post:
  • litdev
Good Luck!
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • hybridClasher.init(), z-s
Good Luck from me too!
if in feature you want to learn more of creating extension in csharp you could learn from litdev extension and my extension which are open source.
Litdev extension : https://github.com/litdev1/LitDev
ZS extension : https://github.com/zs-3/ZS
ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • hybridClasher.init()