We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB-Prime Bugs And Error
Error :    

MY GOOD I FOUND THE WHOLE FC EXTENSION HAS THE ERROR.

Seeting :     

No Error IN Standard-SB IDE Means Bug IN SB-Prime

ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • litdev
ZS - I cannot reproduce, anyone else?

EDIT

I can see issue with FC intellisense - will look into.

EDIT2

Well spotted, this has always been there I think and is due to the FC.xml having an odd ordering - the objects are defined AFTER the methods/properties/events which confuses my xml parser.  A bit of work to fix Big Grin .

EDIT3

Hopefully fixed - may take a little longer to open as the xml now has to searched twice, cannot assume object is defined before all members.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
(translated by Google translator)

Hi all.  Wink
I can report a problem that exists in SB-Prime and which upsets me.
When I launch SB-Prime, the "Release" window appears at the bottom.
I hide it by clicking "Hide automatically".
But, every time I switch any of the top tabs (for example, I go from "Home" to "Tools"), the "Release" and "Debug" tabs at the bottom appear again.
I have to manually hide them again.

Thank you for attention.
AB,
Please try uploaded version where I tried to improve this behaviour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
Wow!

This is cool!  Tongue

Now our SB-Prime is SUPER! SUPER! SUPER!!!

Thank you so much!!!
I noticed a difference in how small basic behaves versus how SB-Prime works. Basically, if I am in small basic and type an "a" in the ide and then scroll down by using the down arrow key I can go through all of the commands. If I do this in SB-Prime it will only show the "a" commands "and" and "array". I can scroll down to "array", but it won't let me scroll past that.

Although just an inconvenience I think it is a lot easier to use the small basic way when searching for commands.

Is it possible to have SB-Prime work the same way as small basic?

JR
(07-30-2024, 12:16 AM)jrmrhrb00 Wrote: I noticed a difference in how small basic behaves versus how SB-Prime works. Basically, if I am in small basic and type an "a" in the ide and then scroll down by using the down arrow key I can go through all of the commands. If I do this in SB-Prime it will only show the "a" commands "and" and "array". I can scroll down to "array", but it won't let me scroll past that.

Although just an inconvenience I think it is a lot easier to use the small basic way when searching for commands.

Is it possible to have SB-Prime work the same way as small basic?

JR

(translated by Google translator)

Hello, jrmrhrb00  Shy

I think SB-Prime works correctly.
It is natural when the system suggests only those words that begin with the specified letter.

If you want to see all available words, you can see them in a convenient separate window that will open if you go to the "Tools" tab and click the "Search in extensions" icon. ( tab and icons names may not match those I wrote due to translation )
Assuming you have a recent version of SB-Prime, there is also a setting in Advanced->Options that includes partial matches for auto-completion.
LitDev,

LitDev Wrote: Assuming you have a recent version of SB-Prime, there is also a setting in Advanced->Options that includes partial matches for auto-completion.

I have 1.1.7.0 of SB-Prime. I don't see anything in advanced options settings that includes partial matches.

My suggestion was to only to point out the difference. AB's suggestion is good, but it is only for extensions. That would work if it included small basic commands

JR

AB,

Good suggestion. I didn't know that was there. That would work OK, but it is only for extensions. Would be better if it included small basic commands.

JR

AB,

How did you include my text in your message? I don't see an option to do that.

Thanks,

JR
Use Advanced->Update to update SB-Prime to version 1.1.11.2 - If we are considering making changes to SB-Prime, they will be changes to the current version.

Tools->Search Extensions also includes SmallBasicLibrary.dll (all the default commands)