We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to think correctly?
OK then:

Write a simple spreadsheet program - simplified Excel.
Very Low-Level Graphics Sample But Good For Start.
This Is My Work.
Small Basic Code Visualization : JBWC315.000
Hope You Like It As Beginning Smile
ZS
(07-24-2024, 03:57 PM)z-s Wrote: Very Low-Level Graphics Sample But Good For Start.
This Is My Work.
Small Basic Code Visualization : JBWC315.000
Hope You Like It As Beginning  Smile

Nice start and a fun project - you are unlikely to convince me that this is preferable to just writing code, but it can be a fun project in itself.
We Will See How It Goes Smile
ZS
(07-24-2024, 03:39 PM)litdev Wrote: OK then:

Write a simple spreadsheet program - simplified Excel.

Accepted.  Smile

( however, as you know, I don’t have the opportunity to do it quickly. Let it be calm, unhurried work.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev
Hi all.  Smile

I had an idea how I could explain to a novice programmer in a fun way a method that could make the process of creating programs easier.

Here is the first episode of this show: KPQF397.000

( Oh, how slowly my work is going   Undecided  )
Good Smile
ZS
(translated by Google translator)

Hi guys!  Smile
I was able to add the code to my demo program: KPQF397.000-0

The principle according to which the idea develops is already clearly visible there.
So, I want to pause the development of this demo program for a while and start creating a simple spreadsheet editor, which LitDev suggested I create, using a real graphical IDE.
Then I will be able to post screenshots of the diagram development process on my OneDrive.

Shy
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev
OK, so it is a gradual introduction training program - I do like what you have so far.  I'm not sure I fully understand yet, it looks a bit like sololearn.com training.
(translated by Google translator)

Hi all.  Shy
Today I'm trying to use my OneDrive shared folder to display a large number of images.
If this is better than using a file hosting service, then tell me.
Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnoSlTzMqlL6jNo8-mr8...Q?e=Rv5dFf

In the first two images I want to demonstrate two ideas that make my charts different from other charts I see on the internet.

The first idea is to use containers.
A container allows you to place a list, another chart, text, or picture inside, and then collapse it into a small rectangle.
Therefore, the diagram may be smaller in size than the code text that the diagram represents.

The second idea is a RULE that determines the direction of information flow across the diagram.
According to this rule, information and events virtually move along the lines of the diagram.
Events exit from the icon of one object on the RIGHT and enter the icon of another object on the LEFT.
A line that enters an object from the left means calling a method of this object.
If an event occurs as a result of executing the method, the corresponding line comes out of the icon on the right.

The first screenshot shows three options for displaying properties and methods of objects.
The second screenshot shows a compact version of the diagram design. As you can see, methods and properties are hidden in collapsed containers, each of which can be expanded for detailed viewing.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do more yet.  Blush
But I'm trying.