We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Small Basic AI Championship
so easily we can make platform game in sb
I am going to start a project of platform game creator
ZS
(04-11-2024, 12:31 PM)litdev Wrote: ... Images are not important for the logic of the program and something I would not worry about before the program logic is written...

(translated by Google translator)

Yes. I understand it.
I just wanted to know for sure that there will be no images and all elements of objects in the game will need to be drawn using shapes.
In this case, my thoughts would already be tuned to working with shapes.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev, z-s

Hi all.
I've arrived at a point in the "Snake" game prototyping process where I want to ask a question: in what mode (Auto = "true" or "false") should I run the Server if I want each client to be able to communicate only with the Server?  Huh
I want one client know nothing about another client.

Thank you.
AB,

Set it to "False", then the server will send no message to clients, apart from an initial message to say another client is connected.  If "True" then the server will echo all client messages received to all the other clients.

If the clients know nothing about what the other is doing, then what will the AI do apart from randomly move about blind?
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
(04-16-2024, 01:16 PM)litdev Wrote: AB,

Set it to "False", then the server will send no message to clients, apart from an initial message to say another client is connected.  If "True" then the server will echo all client messages received to all the other clients.

If the clients know nothing about what the other is doing, then what will the AI do apart from randomly move about blind?
I accept that how will two ai know where is another or how snake will know where is rabit and vice versa . ???

AB
may be this program help in your project
Nature:CXTZ747.000
Mind:MVJT972.000
about method and event Smile
ZS
[-] The following 2 users Like z-s's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, litdev
(04-16-2024, 01:16 PM)litdev Wrote: AB,

At the moment, I plan to organize the Rabbit's decision-making process based only on the available "genetic" information.
As I wrote here before, for now the Rabbit will not see the Snake at all. The Rabbit does not see the Snake before its attack because the Snake has good camouflage. If the Snake misses during the attack because the Rabbit made a jump a moment before its attack, then the Rabbit again does not see the Snake, because the Snake is again invisible in the grass.
Thus, the Rabbit is alive as long as it makes unexpected leaps in an unexpected direction.
But, the time and direction of the Rabbit's jump will be unexpected only for the Snake. In reality, the time and direction of the Rabbit's jump will be determined by the starting "genetic" program and "life experience" that will accumulate "in the genes" from generation to generation.
Thus, the Rabbit only needs information about its position on the playing field so that the Rabbit does not hit the walls. This information will be sent to the Rabbit by the Server.

The Snake will also receive information from the Server about its position on the playing field and about the current position of the Rabbit, if it is located close enough. The snake will evaluate this current situation in the game and will make a decision based on its own considerations.  Smile
That is, each Client communicates only with the Server.

(this is my plan at the moment. I will be grateful for any comments and suggestions.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • z-s
AB,
Sounds good - I would probably write the server program initially with user interaction (key) for snake and rabbit to test and refine the logic, then add the server stuff to control by AI programs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • z-s
(04-16-2024, 05:42 PM)litdev Wrote: AB,
Sounds good - I would probably write the server program initially with user interaction (key) for snake and rabbit to test and refine the logic, then add the server stuff to control by AI programs.

I agree with you.
Most likely it will.  Rolleyes
  • z-s
AB
I can make a nature or server for you AB.
But you will have to give me all the method,property,events which will be useful in program so send the list as soon as possible.
So we will able to connect many mind and not only snake and rabit but rat and cat and many more games.
VERY INTERESTING PROJECT Smile
ZS
[-] The following 1 user Likes z-s's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
(04-17-2024, 06:24 AM)z-s Wrote: AB
I can  make a nature or server for you AB.
But you will have to give me all the method,property,events which will be useful in program so send the list as soon as possible.
So we will able to connect many mind and not only snake and rabit but rat and cat and many more games.
VERY INTERESTING PROJECT

Thank you, dear friend Z-S, for your desire to help me.
But, all my life I have dreamed of such a tool as SB-Prime and LD extension.
If you write the code for me, what will I personally play with?  Smile
Of course, I write code slowly. But while I’m doing this, I feel pleasure, like a boy who creates models of ships or airplanes.

Thank you again.
  • z-s