We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SB-Prime 1.1.10 Update
Includes fix for Shapes Editor with international localisations, see https://litdev.uk/mybb/showthread.php?tid=45.

New Aliases tool for test, not sure its really uesful - its not for me, but fun doing it Smile .

Converts between file and IDE so that Save, Load, Publish, Import, Run etc use the default SB commands and the IDE and intellisense use the aliases.

The source file can be shared directly or with publish without conflicts - it raimains fully SB compatible.

The aliases are only associated with the IDE, they can by copy/pasted from/to IDE.

Hindi localisation added, arabic, russian and german updated.
[-] The following 3 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, Scout, z-s
(translated by Google translator)

It is amazing!!! Rolleyes
I never even dreamed of such an opportunity!
I can’t even find words that could express my admiration for you!
Of course, I'm not a software expert. But, I have never heard that there is such an IDE for people that gives them the opportunity to program in their native language.
I will take the liberty to thank you, LitDev, on behalf of all the people whose lives you were able to make better!
Thank you from my heart!!!

(I regret that I do not have the opportunity to explore the updated SB-Prime right now)
Unbelievable things you did litdev I will try it now!!☺
Hi all.

Let me say a little black humor.  Cry
Now I know how a cat feels when it walks around a glass jar of sour cream, but cannot open it.

I have dreamed for so long about the appearance of an IDE that gives a person the opportunity to program in their native language.
And now that this IDE is in my hands, I have no opportunity to enjoy working with it.
For some reason, it was precisely these days that the aggressor’s missiles began to destroy power plants in my country.
Instead of studying SB-Prime, I am forced to do work that will provide me with light and communication when the city's power supply is turned off.
For what sins did God send me this punishment?..
[-] The following 2 users Like AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev, z-s

Now, before going to bed, I quickly tested the updated version of SB-Prime.
The shape editor works well and does not crash the program.
Many thanks to the developer.  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • z-s

To LitDev
Tell me, please, where is the alias table that the user creates in SB-Prime stored?
I do not see a single new file in the SB-Prime folder.
I'm just interested. Rolleyes
Hi,

I've been tinkering a bit, so if you can update SB-Prime using Advanced=>Update option, then go to Tools on the Ribbon, and open the new Aliases tool.

The aliases you set up are actually stored in the application config file in %AppData%.  It is best not to touch the config file (any syntax error could prevent SB-Prime from starting) and loose all settings.  The aliases however can be exported to a file (see below).

On the aliases too you can set an alias for any object/method/property/event .  

The validation requires that the Default name is an object/method/property/event name and the Alias is not, but is at lease 2 European characters.

You can also Import or Export the alias mappings to a file (tab, comma or space should deleminate each pair, with a new line for each pair).  So you could set up aliases externally and import them, or share your aliases file.

The Enable aliases tickbox can be used to toggle their use.  Best to save before and reload after any files after changing aliases or you could get in a mess!  

Have a little play to get the hang of what it is doing with test files, the *.sb file will alway use standard SB names (you can check this using Notepan for example), the aliases are only visible in the interface.  

If you wanted to save the source with the aliases (it would of course be incompatible with SB compiler), you can copy/paste from the SB-Prime editor.  This also means you could write code in another editor using your aliases as I know some users do, then copy/paste it into SB-Prime and then save it to a file to convert to default SB.

Good Luck
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner

This is amazing!
Thank you again for such a wonderful gift!  Smile
I'm wondering what advice you can give regarding names of variables and subroutines that the user creates?
If I understand correctly, the "Aliases" option does not work with variable and subroutine names.
No, my thinking was that a user can name variables and subroutines anything they want and since they can be anything, any kind of alias names wouldn't work, but I may be missing some case when this would be useful.

For now I am planning to use Latin characters to write words for my native language.
After all, Small Basic will not accept the names of variables and subroutines that are written in non-Latin characters. I'm right?
But, I’m interested in what the “#define” directive, which exists, for example, in the C++ language, can do.
Can this directive replace Cyrillic characters with Latin characters?
If the directive can do this, then a declaration section for variable and subroutine names located at the beginning of the program code file would solve our problem.  Shy