We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LDPhysics platform game
I love simulators of the physical world.  Rolleyes
There is something mystical in such worlds...
I try the game it's very great I like when the player eat balls and his size grows
ZS
Next installment with most controls working, shoting arrows to create ropes from ledges, exploding mines, shooting bombs, throwing rocks, growing with pills, climbing ropes and chains, and a ground surface GJHD405.000

Probably some tidying up and start to think about an actual game, which is where I get stuck...

I did make a couple changes so you would need LitDev beta 1.2.29.0 - mainly for getting rope/chain name back when player touches them.  Also added method to return object acceleration which I can use to measure damage to the player when he falls from height or gets blown up!
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s
(translated by Google translator)

And I wondered what would happen if we combined two amazing worlds in one program: the world of a physics engine and the world of Artificial Intelligence.  Rolleyes
So I made another change to LitDev extension 1.2.29.0 Beta for this, to improve physics scaling pixel/m with rope/chains.  Using your code like a user is the best way to test/improve it!

I decided to make GW full screen which adds some complexity since the physics engine works on a defined physics scale (pixel/m) and the game should work similary for different display resolutions and aspect ratios.

Also fixed/tuned a bunch of stuff and turned it into a sort of game - if you can complete it your name and high score gets logged for all users!

Import, CHLZ750.000.

[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s
In my mind, besides the little man, something unknown is invisibly forming in the physical world.  Rolleyes
I don’t yet know what this unknown creature’s purpose is. Nobody knows whether this creature will become a friend or an enemy of the little man.
Since the creature develops independently, without our intervention, it is very interesting how it will all end.  Shy