We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SB-Prime 1.1.10 Update
(translated by Google translator)

Good morning.
I think that instead of having a variable and subroutine declaration section in the code text, it is more convenient to use a small additional "header" file.
It’s convenient to use such a file next to the code window in the SB-Prime editor.
Thus, the main code text will not be clogged with data that is not standard for the Small BASIC language.
Today I watch new thing while I was making the AI program I have uploaded you can see in article.
So the main thing is that yesterday in sbprime I use aliases to name graphics windows to GW and today when I was making a program in standard sb ide there come to lib graphicwindow and GW unbelievable I opened GW it show all things of graphicwindow and in starting aliases for graphicwindow show in intelnse ☺ Smile

I kindly envy you, Z-S.
I don't know what will happen to me tomorrow.  Cry
I wish everyone well and good luck.
(maybe in the evening I can also play with SB-Prime)
Absolute beginner
I tested we can use any language for property and sub. But can't be use like this
ग = "ff".

I just tested SB-Prime with variable and subroutine names that are written in Cyrillic.
The program worked great.

I think I've don't felt this much joy since I was a child.
Again and again I say to LitDev: “THANK YOU SO MUCH!” .
Your SB-Prime is real FREEDOM for an ordinary person who loves programming but does not know English.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev
LitDev,

Would it be possible to include Aliases in the LDExtension? I think this might be a good feature for that extension. The reason I ask I was thinking about how many times I have typed in "textwindow.writeline"while debugging in regular small basic. With aliases you could change that to "txt.wrt('Hi"), or something similar. Just think how much typing could be eliminated!

JR
Hi JR,

I did add GW and TW to the most recent beta version of LitDev extension.  This was mainly because I mistakenly created a test extension showing how this could be done on Facebook and someone (Ardi Ardi) started using it and made their code incompatible to anyone without the test extension, so better to have it in LD extension going forward.

I am afraid of incompatibility in general, if everyone makes their own extension to use shorthands will be in a big mess Cry .

That is why I did the Aliases in SB-Prime the way I did, so that the underlying source code remains totally compatible, now with the exception of GW and TW, which I am still worried about!

You can set up the Aliases in SB-Prime to have any short-cut in any language you want, but you won't pass them on with Publish for example.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner

I watch how the color scheme of names disappears when they are replaced with Aliases.
Today I thought maybe it might be possible to add a third column to the Aliases table.
If the user could specify in this column the color code that this Alias should have, then the SB-Prime Editor could color the Alias in the way that is convenient for the user.
I don't know if it's difficult to do. But that would definitely be cool.  Blush
Hi AbsoluteBeginner,

The aliases are only for objects and methods, and for me the colours change accoringly.  Can you give more details?

Please make sure you have most recent update, but I haven't changed things in the last few days.

Below is my test Aliases and program text coloured as I would expect.

I Think About Aliase IN MY IDE i got a perfect solution :
TWO KEYWORDS
1: Import
2: AS
Import Stack As ST
THEN PROGRAM WILL REPLACE ST WITH STACK IN WHOLE FILE Smile
AND FOR VARIABLE I HIT A GOOD IDEA:
I WILL REPLACE ALL ALPHABET OF FILE INTO ENGLISH LIKE FOLLOW:>
Code:
привет = "HELLO WORLD"
TextWindow.WriteLine(привет)
WILL BE TRANSLETED INTO :>