We would like to build a community for Small Basic programmers of any age who like to code. Everyone from total beginner to guru is welcome. Click here to register and share your programming journey!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SB-Prime 1.1.10 Update
New version 1.1.10.2 - Cummulative fixes and docking windows.  The docking windows required quite a lot of changes, so there may be some quirks but I've had a mind to do this for a while.

Other changes:
Support for sVB compiler - set path in Advanced->Options
New option to get intellisence suggestions for partial matches while typing - set in Advanced->Options
Extension manager can be run while extensions are loaded
Compilation error reporting with extensions
Improvement reading xml intellisense (FC)
Improved settings reset - bug corrected preventing all settings being reset
Parsing variables for intellisence on the current line - set  in Advanced->Options
Update Tools->Links
Tools->Upload added

[Image: Docking.png]

EDIT
Added the new required DLLs Blush
EDIT2
Fixed a bug where memory can continue to grow
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s
(translated by Google translator)

Oh my God!
LitDev, I haven’t programmed anything for about 20 years because all the necessary things have already been created by professionals, and I couldn’t bring myself to create things that no one needs. Now that there is this wonderful SB-Prime, I write code that no one needs, with great pleasure, because it’s like playing with Lego.
I say “Thank you” to you on behalf of all the people for whom you opened an easy path to the world of programming.  Exclamation

(I'm afraid of causing crashes in SB-Prime with my tests. Therefore, I ask: can I open in a second editor window the same file that is open in the first window?
Sometimes, for example, I need to see the code of some subroutine when I write the code for the main loop. Now I use Notepad for this.)

Thank you.

This is the Lord's punishment.  Smile

SB-Prime version 1.1.10.2 does not start.
Heeeelp!!!
Should be no problem having multiple copies of the same file open in SB-Prime, I often do it.  You can only run one a time, but you can run different files at the same time.

To be safe always save you files regularly - you can also save different versions - there is a difference tool also in SB-Prime.

Having said this, there were a lot of changes in this docking work and there may be issues you excellent bug finders, but as long as you save your files regularly it cannot cause any other damage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
I cleanly installed Small BASIC, LD extension and SB-Prime version 1.1.10.2 on another computer (Windows 11 Pro) and SB-Prime did not work there either.  Huh
And on Windows 10 Home, on Microsoft Surface it also didn’t work.
I do not have the previous version of SB-Prime saved.
Please tell me where to download it while the new version is not working for me?

Thank you.
Sorry to hear.

I did miss out some dlls on first upload, see my edits on previous post.  I have tested by downloading this time and should be fine.

If there is another issue, please let me know, I created an old version with temporary direct download https://litdev.uk/downloads/SB-Prime-OLD.zip, but please try new version download again first, easiest using the Update.exe in SB-Prime folder if you still have it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner
Everything works great.

I'm happy again.  Smile

In the morning I will continue making my prototype of the game "AI Snake".
In the current version, a person will try to defeat the Rabbit, which will be controlled by chance.

Thanks to LitDev!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AbsoluteBeginner's post:
  • litdev
(translated by Google translator)

Hello.
I have some information about the work of SB-Prime.
1) Is there something I don’t know or is it because of an error that SB-Prime does not remember the settings and position of the “Intellisense” and “Output” panels? When I launch SB-Prime again, all panels are back to their default size and position.
2) If I open a file using the "List of recent files", then I have two tabs. The first tab is for the document "Untitled1". The second tab has the name of the open file. If I click on the "Close" button on the first tab when the second tab is active, then SB-Prime closes. However, if I first activate the first bookmark, and then click on the “Close” button on this bookmark, the bookmark is closed and SB-Prime continues to work.

Thank you.
Hi, Thanks for feedback.

1] I know this about remembering panel positions - I have been wondering how to do this, its a bit trickier but I want a solution for it.  Strangely I can find a way to get a docking window size and restore it, but there must be a way...
2] There were some issues associated with closing tabs - related to closing the docker window and clearing the contents correctly in the right order, checking for file save first etc.  I have made some improvements to this and uploaded update.

There may still be issues, but I think I have it better covered now.

EDIT
The Intellisense (width) and output/debug (height) are now saved and restored as they were before.  I have set a min size beyond which there may be issues.

The rest of the program windows are not save and restored - it just opens with Untitled to type in, load a file or import opens a new tab as you have seen.
[-] The following 2 users Like litdev's post:
  • AbsoluteBeginner, z-s
Thank you so much.

I don’t know about other people, but I really like our SB-Prime.  Heart
I think that SB-Prime very successfully combines ease of use and enormous capabilities for the average person.
It's just like Lego. People buy Lego even now that many powerful industrial tools have been created. And people will always do this. Because it’s difficult to make a complex structure out of simple Lego. Difficult creative tasks always attract creative people.
Great I Discovered New Feature Of SB-Prime You Can Save Code Into Formatted HTML Also.
Smile
ZS